Worth Baptist Church, Forth Worth – Origin:
On the first Sunday of March, 1954, several people met in a rented store building on Wichita Street in Fort Worth to organize a church. The church was named Worth Baptist Temple. The congregation called as their pastor Rev. R.J. Barber, Jr. Under the leadership of Pastor R.J. Barber, the church soon purchased a parcel of land at 3309 Wilbarger Street on which was located a white frame building that was then adequate for Sunday School and worship services.
In January of 1962, Worth Baptist Church, Forth Worth called its second pastor, Rev. Raymond W. Barber, a brother to the founding pastor.
In 1977, Worth Baptist Church, Forth Worth purchased 14 acres on Campus Drive and built the main building which serves as its current location. Dr. Raymond Barber pastored Worth Baptist for 35 years. During his years as Pastor, Worth Baptist Church, Forth Worth experienced tremendous growth and several building programs.
In April of 1997, Worth Baptist Church, Forth Worth called Dr. Willie W. Weaver as Pastor. Under his leadership, Worth Baptist Church, Forth Worth continued to grow and flourish. Pastor Weaver had led the church to remodel and modernize much of the facilities and grounds and to begin many new fruit-bearing ministries.
In January of 2016, Worth Baptist Church, Forth Worth called Tyler Gillit as Pastor. Pastor Gillit served on staff at Worth for eight years in various roles. Pastor Gillit is known for bold, expository preaching and his passion to make disciples in Fort Worth and around the world.
11:00 AM CT (CST: 5:00 PM GMT / CDT: 4:00 PM GMT)
6:00 PM CT (CST: Mon 12:00 AM GMT / CDT: 11:00 PM GMT)
Like this? Leave your thoughts below...