Antioch Missionary Baptist Church (Antioch MBC) of Oviedo, Oviedo – Origin:
In the year 1875, a few pioneers of this community became concerned over the fact that they had no established place for official worship. Out of those concerned hearts came varied discussions and prayers for guidance of the Holy Spirit, which resulted in the decision to build a place of worship. With the assistance from many friends, a small building was erected. Then with jubilant hearts and expressing prayers of thanksgiving, those pioneers dedicated that small building as their first official House of Worship.
Recognizing the ever pressing need for a leader, this group of dedicated Christians secured the services of the Reverend R. W. Lawton as an advisor. He worked with them for a while and then recommended to them the Rev. Amos Laster, who became the first Pastor of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church (Antioch MBC) of Oviedo. Under his leadership, the membership of Antioch Missionary Baptist Church (Antioch MBC) of Oviedo increased as a result of new converts as well as members who moved to Oviedo from other sections of Florida, and from other states.
In 1892, the First South Florida Association was organized. Antioch Missionary Baptist Church (Antioch MBC) of Oviedowas one of the Churches in its organization.
8:00 AM ET (EST: 1:00 PM GMT / EDT: 12:00 PM GMT)
11:00 AM ET (EST: 4:00 PM GMT / EDT: 3:00 PM GMT)